Clay Play Workshop
What is this workshop about?⠀
This fun group workshop creates a held, intimate space to reconnect to your creative truth, re-explore authentic expression, and curiously investigate your playful nature, with clay.
Many of us are adulting way too hard, feel stuck or creatively blocked in some way, find ourselves uninspired or disempowered in life and are fixated on external opinions, judgement and perfectionism. This is mostly because we are disconnected from our true creative essence, and rarely, if ever play.
But in order to live our best, most fulfilled life, we need to understand our natural power to create. And what better way to remember this than through play - the magical portal to creativity, where anything and everything is possible.
This Clay Play Workshop is not only the starting point of a powerful process of creative rediscovery, but it's also a fun, easy going way to experiment with the healing medium of clay while learning basic hand building techniques in a group setting of your nearest and dearest.
This workshop caters to private groups of 4 - 6 people.
I’ve spent the last decade working with clay, professionally as a ceramicist (Klomp Ceramics), but also as a tool to explore my own healing and transformation. I started playing with clay when I was recovering from a brain tumour in 2012 and it offered me the opportunity to heal through play, rediscover my creative self, tell my story and now share my learnings. Join me as I gently guide you, through play and clay, back to your authentic self, offering you the opportunity to move through the world as an empowered creative being.
We have no creative or clay work experience, can we still take part?
Absolutely. No previous clay experience needed. This workshop is for anyone - whether you view yourselves as creative in the traditional sense of the word or not.
This workshop also creates the opportunity to experiment with clay whilst learning basic hand building techniques such as coiling, pinching and surface decoration.
What can we expect to get/learn from this workshop?
Throughout the workshop we'll be focusing on being present, remembering how to play, and reconnecting to our creative flow inspired by joyful memory work and various meditative, group, tactile, sensory & exploratory exercises and games.
At the end of the workshop you will have:
- had a restorative, fun filled time playing with clay
- learnt basic clay hand building & decorative techniques
- been reminded what being creatively conscious, free and empowered feels like, so that you can introduce this way of being into your every day life
- greater clarity on who you are, how to listen to your heart, and how to follow your truth in the present moment
- made at least three ceramic pieces to serve as your creative talismans (most people end up with around five-ten pieces!)
- spent meaningful time connecting & sharing with the members in your group
What is the price of this workshop, and what does it include?
The workshop is currently offered in a private capacity only, at a set rate of:
R8000 for a group minimum of 4 - 6 people (was R12 000)
(R2000pp for a group of 4, R1600pp for a group of 5, R1333pp for a group of 6)
Payment plans are available upon request.
A great way to create connection and celebrate a life event with a partner, friends, family members or colleagues.
- 5 hours of in-person guided transformative creative play & clay exploration
- all the good quality materials used at the workshop
- a delicious harvest style spread & beverages for the day
- two kiln firings, final clear glazing by me, and delivery (via courier) of your pieces to you when done (approx. 3 weeks after the workshop depending on how quickly the pieces dry)
Where & when?
These intimate group workshops take place at my peaceful home (overlooking Lion's Head) in Vredehoek, Cape Town CBD at a date & time of your choosing.
Book a Clay Play Workshop
“This workshop was an incredible experience for me. As adults we struggle to allow ourselves to play. The healing that comes through play is just unbelievable. I would highly recommend this workshop to all adults at all stages of life. This is better than any therapy, and allows you to get in touch with & nurture your inner-child."